No. In general, most of us who drive a single daily driver will never need them. When our batteries go dead. We change them. That’s it. However, this may not ring true for some. So who might need it you say?
You would need it if you:
- Own an expensive car that uses expensive batteries. Batteries cost a bomb and we know you have the money. So why not buy a charger instead and keep your car battery going for longer? Be a smart consumer and donate the savings to a good cause 🙂
- Have too many cars to drive daily. Ok, so you’re a car guy and you have been lucky to own a whole bunch of cars, bikes boats and stuff. We all know that you need to start your car every now and then to keep the battery from draining and going flat. So battery chargers make sense in this case.
- Own an RV, caravan, bikes or boats which you use every once in a while. A battery charger would be useful to keep them batteries healthy and ready for your next adventure.
- Are away a lot. Mr. Worldwide, always needed all around the world. Perhaps you’re a celebrity who needs to be away a lot. Or maybe you’re an international spy on a mission. Whatever the case may be, having a battery charger will make sure that your baby is waiting and roaring when you get back.
- Own a work shop. It would benefit you a great deal if you had one of these as you could easily charge up flat batteries your customers bring in.
- Thrifty. Yeah, you heard me right. Even the average joe would benefit from a good battery charger as it would make your battery last longer, so you change it less often and save money in the long run. What more if you have more than one car in the family.
So, at this point, you might be saying, what the heck are car battery chargers? I’ve never seen one before. Is there such a thing. Well. There is and here is how they look. At least this CTEK one.
So, how does it work?
Ok, I can’t say all chargers are equal. For the sake of keeping things simple, let’s just stick to CTEK chargers, which is among the better chargers, if not the best. In general, you will need to connect the charger to your battery terminals, then plug in the other end to a wall socket. It will draw power through to the batteries and charge it. But the CTEK chargers do more than just charge. It also conditions and maintains the batteries so they last longer. Furthermore, there are many features that make charging as simple as plugging it in, and leaving it. You do not have to worry about overcharging or heating up.
Here’s Leno again
We recommend CTEK Battery Chargers. They make a wide range of chargers to suit every need. From 6V to 12V and even 24V application. Compact models. Larger full feature heavy duty models. Fast charging models. Waterproof models and so on.
We hope you find a CTEK that suits you and if you are overwhelmed and need assistance, don’t hesitate to write in to us in the comments section below.